Monday, December 27, 2010

Newest Track: The Schweizering - Part Five

Progress continues on the track as we move through the holiday season. I do miss the old days when I had extra vacation time and would take the week between Christmas and New Year's off...it would have allowed me to get more done. Nevertheless, I have been making some real progress.

Most of the work, as you can see, involves painting the landscape I've created. The bridge/ramp going up into the old city is essentially finished; there's some more detailing to do -- I want to add some flags and maybe some sculptures to the bridge support posts. The brick "walkways" on either side of the road are just printed texture sheet applied to the poster board base.

I've also been painting the mountain or "hill climb" area on the other side of the track. I covered the plastic cloth with a thick mud of latex paint, Sculptamold, joint compound and some bits of sawdust I gathered from the bottom of my wet/dry vac. I've laid some light and dark washed down over the base gray and then highlighted with some off-white. I think it's not looking too bad. I'm almost ready to start applying the grass and greenery...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search SLOT, Links & the web

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP