Saturday, June 24, 2023

Shooting How-To Videos: Short or Long?

One of the questions I am trying to work out while putting the Control Tower Project together is how to best present the construction process.  At the outset, I thought the best way to do this was to break the work up into smaller, bite-size bits, sorting the process out into logical parts and then sharing it over a 10-15 minute video (plus the other segments I normally include, like Autorama and commentary.)


So far this has worked fairly well - I think - and the comments section on each of the videos seems to indicate that this approach is pretty helpful. As I approach my next video, however, the process takes a little twist as I start doing screen captures while I am using my graphics software to demonstrate some of those techniques for creating interior details. This will take a little more time.

As a result, I will be asking for more viewer input and comments in an effort to further refine the video presentations going forward. There are many ways to do this; Dave at SLOTR often uses some higher-speed video to make the construction bits a little briefer. At the other end of the spectrum, Boone often takes an hour or more to detail his scenic construction techniques. Both ways work and as a result, both of these guys are deservedly popular. I'm interested to see what viewers think.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search SLOT, Links & the web

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP