Tuesday, March 16, 2021

New Additions to The Garage

 As I have been "off" from the hobby for a few years, I have some catching up to do in terms of  buying cars and adding them to my collection. I usually tend to buy in "spurts" - where I will get maybe 10 cars over a month or so after not purchasing any at all for 6 months or more, maybe longer.

I will get into a longer post soon about what I buy and why--I have by necessity limited my purchases to "full-bodied" race cars of the LeMans/GT/GTP/IMSA/Can Am etc. classes of cars, primarily from the mid-60's through the present day. It's not that I don't like other types, but I can't afford to buy everything that's out there, so some discipline helps focus my interests.

Here are some fairly recent additions to the Garage.

The purple Ford GT GTE by Scalextric is, in my opinion, the sharpest livery available for this car. I'm sure (due to its color) it will be one of my wife's favorites. I was pleased to add the Ginetta to my group of more recent LeMans prototypes; as a group, the modern cars are not so aesthetically pleasing--with all their lumps and bumps and fins--but I still like them. The SCX Renault Sport RS is a car I've had my eye on for a long time--the Megane in a similar livery seems to be everywhere but this one is not quite so common.

Overall, these make some nice additions to the stable and I'm looking forward to running them!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search SLOT, Links & the web

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP