Sunday, April 11, 2021

Collection Catch-Up with a Dynamic Racing Duo

 Since I had not been buying a lot of cars for a while (prior to early this year) I find I have to focus on filling some "holes" in my slot car collection. As I am primarily interested in "full-bodied" cars, like Le Mans, Group C / IMSA and Can Am cars, I try to find types or models that I don't already have, or from various slot car manufacturers.

Two more additions to the racing stable. It will be a while before they see track time.
  For example, The Slot.It Porsche 962 with the Copenhagen livery is a nice companion for the Slot.It 956 Warsteiner livery car that I already have, not to mention the much older Scalextric 962s I own, which include a silver Texaco "360" car and a black and red Kenwood livery. Both of those cars run well and are quite fun--though they obviously aren't in the same class as the Slot.Its.

 I love classic Le Mans cars, so it's no surprise I have plenty of Fly Porsche 917s, Lola T70s, Ford GTs, Ferrari 512s and a few others form the mid-60's through the early 70's. What I did not have was a Ferrari P4, which many people consider one of the most beautiful racing cars ever made.

 For whatever reason, I always seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time; too late to get the earlier Scalextric releases at a decent price, and I delayed getting back into the hobby long enough that now the more recent Policar releases are out of stock in many places and prices are going up. Fortunately the newer Scalextric 412Ps are available at very good prices, so I will have to get by with that until I can add a P4 at some point in the future. This car looks great--I'm not a great fan of the sky blue rims on this livery but for now it will do. For the most part, I like my Ferraris red - so this one fits the bill.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search SLOT, Links & the web

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP