Wednesday, May 12, 2021

A Busy Month for Slot Car Buying

Having not added any cars to the collection for a couple of years, it seems I've been doing a lot of catch-up lately. Since there are so many choices in both makes and liveries these days, I've probably focused more on those; honestly, modern GT class cars are growing increasingly attractive and varied, while their LMP counterparts seem to look more and more similar.



 

A couple of Carrera offerings lead the pack, with the #27592 Audi R8 "Valvoline" and the #27624 McLaren 720S GT3 "Blau." Both look great. Like all my cars, they are analog. I followed this up with a Scalextric #C3941 Mercedes AMG GT3 "Sun Energy" - which has a really fantastic multi-colored livery and bright orange wheels.


So far, I only have one Scaleauto car, a Radical. I've had my eye on the #SC6053 Spyker C8 Spyder GT2-R cars for a long time, and was finally able to obtain one at a reasonable price--from a shop in Spain! Even with the shipping, it was still $10 less than anything I could find on this side of the Atlantic, so I bit. With its silver and orange livery, it's a real looker. Can't wait to see how it will do on the track.


For whatever reason, I missed out on the original offering of MB Slot Pagani Zonda RTR cars. But I was able to pick up this #A0701 white kit on eBay at a very good price. I'm tempted to keep it mostly white, doing some minimal trim painting and adding some race numbers and a few decals only. We'll see.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search SLOT, Links & the web

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP