Friday, June 18, 2021

Another Conversion Prospect: Ferarri 250 LM

While I know there are ready-to-run versions of the Ferarri 250 LM out there (at about $70 or more a crack) I have so far held off from purchasing one.  There have been many times in the past when I could have purchased a car when it first came out at about $50 or so and delayed long enough that it went out of production, became slightly rare, and subsequently was only available at a premium price.

It's an old kit from the 80's but complete and in like-new shape.

To that end, I picked up this nice MPC kit from the early 1980s which I intend to convert to a slot car. I have a few extra chassis available that might fit; I could also go the 3D printed route, I suppose. I don't need it to be a racer, but just run smooth and fast enough to keep up with most of my other classic Le Mans cars. The kit itself is pretty well detailed, and seems to fit together pretty well - so hopefully my skill will be up to the task.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search SLOT, Links & the web

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP