Monday, March 20, 2023

Newest Additions to the Slot Car Garage

Things have slowed down a bit over the past few weeks and my early 2023 buying spree has come to a close, I think. I feel like I've pretty much "caught up" on filling the holes in my collection, and have settled on looking for good buys on more obscure cars or used cars that might be good candidates for projects. Other purchases might be add-ons to some models of cars I already have, from different manufacturers or other variations.


 

One example of an "extension" to what I already have was this Carrera Porsche 917K - a nice analog example of a classic Le Mans car. I already had 2 Fly Classic 917s, but I've heard some folks on Youtube singing the praises of the Carrera versions that I wanted to have one to try out. Of course, NSR makes 917s as well - but I'm not sure my track design would allow that car to demonstrate its performance advantages, so I saved a little money this time around.


 

Another addition was made to my Early 60s Le Mans group - the Corvette Stingray No. 8 (from Carrera again) - an attractive white, blue and red livery that I preferred over some of the other ones available. In reality, I had wanted one of the Revell-Monogram Corvette Grand Sports that were produced some years ago, but they run almost $100 now if you can find NOS. For now, the Carrera - at $40 - is an acceptable compromise, and I look forward to running it with my Ferrari GTOs, XKE Jags, Cobra Daytona, Cheetah and Porsche 904.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search SLOT, Links & the web

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP