Thursday, June 29, 2023

New Additions to The Paddock: Vintage, Old and Relatively New

Always more holes to fill in the Slot Car Garage, it seems, and the acquisitions continue with a variety of cars that are a few decades old, well over a decade, and relatively new. The first of these is a classic Scalextric Lamborghini Miura - a car I've always wanted but up til now has been a little hard to come by in the US. I've almost sprung for the AutoArt version a couple of times but held off.  This much older Scaley version is a little dated (no separate chassis and the "tupperware" type body) but it was in excellent condition.

The next car on the list was an earlier 2000's MG-Lola LMP. I already had the dark grey and lime green original version, but this blue and white Thetford livery was in almost-new shape and was obtained on eBay for an excellent price. My original car was a superb runner, and I expect this one will be good as well.



Lastly, my other purchase was a Carrera Corvette C8 - this one (like the other grey and red one I own) purchased from Lakota Collectables as a de-digitized analog car with no box. As I really don't need another case and I am analog after all, this offers me some considerable savings.


It's a good deal all around, and I'm not the only one who's taken advantage of their approach. Lakota is actually a division of Great Traditions, an online dealer that is known to offer solid deals and excellent service.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search SLOT, Links & the web

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP