Thursday, April 11, 2024

Laying Copper Tape over Track Rails and Testing

Laying copper tape over rails is a PITA, but definitely worth it when it comes to power consistency. I've got one lane done and took a minute to test with a Carrera BMW M6 GT3. The track is just basically functional - I haven't set up the driver stations yet (those will be located at each end of the "U") so I'm getting whiplash standing in the middle, trying to follow the car with the stock controller and a 2-foot connection wire. The video is shot from a wide-angle webcam I just installed to see if I can get a complete track view.

 


For now, I'm collecting some of the components I'll need to finish things up, some driver station hardware from Slot Car Corner, two adjustable power supplies, additional wiring and other odds and ends. Obviously there's still a lot of scenery work to do, but at least I'll be able to do some testing and tuning as that work proceeds. As noted previously, this is a1:32 Artin track is 50.25 ft (each lane) or 15.31 meters.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search SLOT, Links & the web

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP