Tuesday, January 31, 2023

After 22 Years: An Inventory of The Collection

After running and collecting 1/32 scale for 22 years, I finally figured it was time to pull everything out of the storage boxes and do a proper inventory. These are mostly all endurance-type cars...early and classic Le Mans, Group C/ IMSA GTP, open 1990s - 2000s LMPs and later, modern LMPs and GTs, and a few Can Am cars and other cars as well. The process took a while, and I had one box in particular that I had a hard time locating.
 

I thought this table would be plenty big enough. I was wrong.
Looking through everything, there are some kits to convert, too. The minis I have are just fun to drive and I wanted everyone in the family to have their own. 😁  There are a few other odds and ends...my lone American muscle car (a Pontiac LeMans with flames) and two Daytona prototypes that I never really warmed up to. They will probably go on eBay - or I might adapt the chassis to run one of my kit conversions.

Early 60s Le Mans, Classic Le Mans and some Can Am & open racers.
Now comes the job of organizing everything. There are about 180 cars (with 3 more coming in the mail soon) and I am planning on taking photos of all of them. Not a fan of spreadsheets, either - but I will have to find some software or app to keep track. I tested Greg Braun's Slotcars 2000, which seemed OK at first, but I'm not sure I like the interface, and the record page does not include the car photo. I do have Ultimate Racer, which also has an inventory system, but it's on an old PC. I think it is still freely available and can be downloaded for Win 10. I may look into the newer version.

Some Minis, odds-and-ends, and kits on the shelf below.

Regardless, the process is very time-consuming, and not one I look forward to...but it's winter, I don't have a track to run on right now, and it needs to get done.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search SLOT, Links & the web

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP