Friday, January 20, 2023

LMP Racing Stable Continues to Grow

I've spent much of the past month or so getting caught up on cars that I may have passed on when they first came out. While I can occasionally get a good deal on some NOS (new old stock) I don't mind purchasing a gently used car if it's intact and shows little effects of track time. Sometimes these can be found at dealers, and eBay too, of course - though the prices on even some used cars can get pretty ridiculous. The price on this DHL Porsche Spyder was quite good - it was listed as used but it looks practically brand new. The Fly Racing Lola B98/10 was a great deal on an NOS car that was created as a special racing version - it has a hotter motor, lighter body, aluminum wheels and a vacu-formed driver and cockpit. We'll see how it does on the track.


The Spirit Courage C65 was also an NOS buy - I probably paid about what it cost when new, which is not bad since I've seen it listed on eBay for $15-$20 more than I paid. Though they are not known to be awesome runners, the Spirit card look great and I really like the red and black livery.


Since it will be a while before I have a track to test anything on, any kind of reviews will have to wait. Nevertheless, I'm feeling pretty good about filling up some of the open spots in my collection, and the class of 1999-2010 LMPs I've been able to acquire is getting pretty extensive, as is my collection of Group 6/IMSA-GTP cars.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search SLOT, Links & the web

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP