Sunday, December 11, 2022

Back to Hobby Time as Retirement Looms...

 It's been over a year since I last posted - a lot has been going on. While Covid is not as big a deal as it was in 2020-21, I am still working primarily from home and that will  no doubt continue for the next 18 months, after which I will be ready to retire. I recently had a major job change...still working for the same electric utility, but in a different capacity. Also, we did a major bathroom remodel last spring which took a great deal of time and effort.

Now my attention has returned to the basement once again, and I am revising my plans for a new track. Last time I posted, I was contemplating plans to make a track that folded up against the wall in one section of our basement--a room about 10' x 12' that is off to one side. At the time, we wanted to utilize as much of the basement as possible for entertaining, but since then I have come to the realization that the space in question is not really needed for this, and that it could be re-claimed for my track space as before. 

Of course, my biggest regret is tearing out the old track I had in this space--which was about 70% finished - but I will approach the next effort with lessons learned and a better build-from-scratch approach, in terms of the table, built-in storage, integrated power and electronics, and other systems. In the end, I think I'll have a better result instead of something that was cobbled together on the fly. More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search SLOT, Links & the web

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP