Friday, May 5, 2023

The First Slot Journal Video Goes Live on YouTube!

Well, after a couple of weeks sorting through equipment and software options, setting up a "studio" space for recording and creating a rough outline of content, I was finally able to get some footage together and do some editing. The result is ab 16 minutes of introductory video, where I talk a little bit about my history with slot cars, what kind of things you can look forward to seeing on the channel, and some additional thoughts about the hobby in general. I also take a minute to show my latest postal delivery and of course, one other expected element.


For those interested in technical stuff, this was put together using my iPhone 14 Pro front camera as a webcam - since I like to be able to look at what I am shooting, and the image quality is very good. I still need to make some adjustments on positioning; I also have an older iPhone 6S that I can use to shoot my desktop when I have to demonstrate something. For now, I am set up in my "office" and not in my workshop, since my best computer is located there. Eventually, when my workshop is better organized, I'll take a laptop in there and try to see what I can do. Also, I used OBS for combining and switching between shots, and CapCut for the final editing to put all the bits together; it's pretty easy to use and my edits are pretty basic.


If you have some time, please watch the video and let me know what you think in the comments. Also, don;t forget that you can have the video close-captioning auto-translated by using the "settings" on the video and selecting your language. It's not perfect, but it helps if English is not your first language.

WATCH THE VIDEO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search SLOT, Links & the web

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP